I bought the Samsung I5700 on Friday which was running the stock Android 1.5 (Cupcake). By Saturday I was scourging the internet forums for an upgrade to ver 2.x, I had to get it !. After lots of broken links, and reading up Russian tutorials translated using google I was finally got myself a copy of the new unreleased eclair firmware (2.1) : I570EDDJB2.
Everything seems to be running fine :-)
I will post some screengrabs and a tutorial soon... Make sure to check back soon.
Thanks to all the folks @ SamsungFirmware, SamDroid
Thought you were holding out for the Google Nexus?? lol
thats the next step lol.. for now this is what I can afford and its a bloody good phone for the price.
Cool :) Have fun ;) I'm hoping to get my Nexus next month. Might be picking your brains soon lol
wow .. lucky you :-)
so any help on translating those russian links . i just cannot get my head around them , what with they releasing a new mod every 5 hours or so :D
@prem I am working on the tutorial.. will post it soon :-)
@ prem - posted the guide.. hope it helps.. happing flashing :-)
Hi Sameer, may i know how much you paid for it? And from where? I'm in search or one in Bangalore.
12500 in Pune.
Thanks Mate, much appreciated.
wat screen does it have? different reviews give different reviews. does it have an AMOLED or tft display..?? capacitive or resistive? 16 million or 65k? and can it handle all the graphics of android 2.1?
My take : I was also confused whether it had a TFT or an AMOLED. I think it is a TFT display (afterall it is supposed to be a cheaper cousing of the I7500) Its a good display though.
How many colors .. enough I would say lol..
It handles 2.1 pretty well primarily because of the 800 MHz CPU.
Thanx for the wonderful post, I am going to buy spica this week. I had a few doubts, it would be great if you could help me out.
1. Does this phone support pdf files, I frequently need to view pdf files.
2. Does this phone support data transfer over bluetooth I believe this is possible after rooting
3. Is 128 MB Ram on the phone an issue or application are fast.
If you could answer these questions it would help me in making a decision. Thanks in advance.
@ dreams - 1. you need to install a pdf reader.. I am sure there many free alternatives for this.
2. Bluetooth tethering can only be done somebody comes with a rooted kernel.. as of now the rooting method does not enable tethering.
3. 128 MB is a decent but I think the phone could do with atleast 256 MB, especially with the eclair. But then at this price you could not really ask for more.. it does have a 800 MHz CPU which is great.
Thnx a ton Sameer for your help,
I finally bought spica today. It's amazing handset. I think it's worth the money.
I had few questions hope you could help me out.
1. I can't find digital compass on this phone though I read everywhere that it has digital compass.
2. Any way to share pc's internet connection on spica without wifi. May be though usb or bluetooth.
3. Can i download android application from the sites to application and then manually install it. Can you recommend few sites for andriod application.
Thanks again for your help.
hi... hellooo sameer, i have download twice, but if i extract the files are corrupted, can you send me android 2.1 eclair to me firstname.lastname@example.org , thanks best regards
Sri - it is more than 100 MB I can't email it. Please download it from www.samsung-firmware.webs.com
does spica has an autofocus camera? is the volume in the earphones and speaker good?is there any application to send files through bluetooth?
Asif - the volume levels are pretty good. there are many apps for bluetooh file transfer.
Sameer which Gprs service you use. I tried Vodafone but it seems they only give internet for browsers, as I am unable to open Google maps or market.
I tried Airtel, google maps work fine with airtel, but it doesn't let me login in to gtalk or google market. Any ideas or help will be really appreciated
you can get 2.1 i5700 from forum,bangalore my friend got it
hey sameer. same prob as with digital dreams.. browser conects to vodafone live but none of the apps do.. so any suggestions?? thnx..
Where did u buy the set in pune ?..none of the dealer i contacted are stocking it..
Post a Comment