Well here some of things I have come across which are just too good not to be used.
The fastest way to work with computers is using a Keybaord, Period.
you better learn the keyboard shortcuts, not just on gmail but otherwise too.
to enable them go to SETTINGS>GENERAL>Keyboard Shortcuts On
Turn on wild and whacky features in GMAIL
Go to SETTINGS>LABS> enable/disable features you like
I personally use - UNDO SEND, Offline, Old Snakey (you can actually play snakey from within game!!), Sender Time Zone, Forgotten Attachment Detector.
Did you know that you can now use your email account in an offline mode ? which means you can read all your emails even when you are not connected to the internet right from the browser. You can even send mails and they would be sent out whenever you have a connection.
Just follow these steps to get started:
- Click Settings and click the Labs tab.
- Select Enable next to Offline Gmail.
- Click Save Changes.
- After your browser reloads, you'll see a new "Offline0.1" link in the upper righthand corner of your account, next to your username. Click this link to start the offline set up process and download Gears if you don't already have it.
You have multiple email addresses !! :
When you choose a Gmail address, you actually get more than just "firstname.lastname@example.org." Here are two different ways you can modify your Gmail address and still get your mail:
- Append a plus ("+") sign and any combination of words or numbers after your email address. For example, if your name was email@example.com, you could send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Insert one or several dots (".") anywhere in your email address. Gmail doesn't recognize periods as characters in addresses -- they just ignore them. For example, you could tell people your address was firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You could use email@example.com when you sign up for online banking and then set up a filter to automatically star, archive or label emails addressed to santasingh+bank.
- You can also use this when you register for a service and think they might share your information.
Happy Gmailing :-)